Saturday, January 28, 2017

Friday Favorites from Fabulously French, Velvet and Linen, Once Upon a Chocolate Life and More







Good morning! Did you have a good week?  I wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU! Your thoughtful and insightful comments about Wednesday's "just curious" left me smiling, not only because you took the time to comment but also because all of the comments were so positive. I was very nervous writing that post as I was not sure that I wanted to open myself up to possible ridicule but I am happy that I trusted my instincts to hit publish.


Image from Here


I love pasta and I am always looking for a new recipe to try, this week I will be making the famous Marcella Hazan's Bolognese Sauce. Have you made it? They say it is a classic.







Feast your eyes on this easy Salted Caramel Sauce from Leeann at Fabulously French. This scrumptious caramel can be eaten right from the jar, or used in desserts, drinks and more.






You could even use a little of the caramel above and drizzle it on this delicious Bailey's Chocolate Caramel Brownie Terrine. This recipe is fabulous if I do say so myself.



Brooke and Steve Giannetti will be at the Nashville Home and Garden show in February if you will be in the area,  but even more exciting, they are launching  a clothing line this spring! Classic, casual and chic. 







I recently listened to the audio book Cooking for Picasso and I loved it. If you are looking for an entertaining, beautifully written and detailed book that features France, food, art and more than this is the book for you. Part romance, part history, part intrigue, this book has it all. Cooking for Picasso by Camille Aubray tells the story of two women,  Ondine who cooks in her parents cafe and ends up cooking for Picasso and Celine, her granddaughter, who travels to France to find a long lost treasure of her grandmothers. 

I am not sure how I missed THIS Movie featuring Audrey Tautou but I have it on my list of things to do this weekend. Have you seen the movie Priceless? Did you like it?

Check out THIS French Chateau makeover? What do you think?

Did you watch, read or cook anything interesting this week? If so please share, I would love to hear about it.

Have a great weekend and be safe.






SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. That terrine has me fascinated. But I'm trying to swear off sugar, so ...
    I would have appreciated the chateau more as new construction, a modern take on tradition, and the idea of reflection is great. But the original was beautiful.
    Gad Emelah is a wonderful comedian. Looks like he's well-matched with Audrey Tautou. The French do Riviera caper flicks so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The Giannettis are launching off a clothing line? Good for them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to download Cooking for Picasso. Looks like a great one. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth! I have had my eye on that bolognese sauce recipe. So glad you tried it and are giving it the thumbs up. I love the NYT cooking APP. Have tried a few recipes and they all have been hits. The clothing line for Giannetti is a natural extension. I look forward to seeing what follows. Cooking for Picasso sounds like a lot of fun, especially for a long car drive. Thank you! Best wishes for a lovely weekend Elizabeth. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...