Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Blueberry Muffins






Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was productive. I caught up on a bunch of paperwork, started my taxes, read a book, packaged up my Valentines gifts, and enjoyed the commercials from the Super Bowl and the Lady Gaga half-time show. Did you watch the game? Did your team win?






I also made these scrumptious blueberry muffins. After all who doesn't like a warm muffin on a weekend morning? When we were little my mom used to make us blueberry muffins all the time and these took me back to those happy times. 




Blueberry Muffins

Recipe Serious Eats
21/3 cups of flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground coriander 
1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
11/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup, milk
2 large eggs, cold
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups fresh, frozen blueberries
1/3 cup sugar


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin pan with liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, coriander and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix at low speed for about 2 minutes. Then add milk, eggs, and vanilla, mix to form a think batter. 

Drop a tablespoon full of batter into each muffin cup, then add the blueberries to the rest of the batter and fold. The batter will be very think. Divide the dough between the cups and the sprinkle with sugar. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until they are puffed up and firm. 

I hope that you have a great week!

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style



7 comments:

  1. It's the winter break here, aka the "ski vacation," so making muffins would be a nice treat after a deliciously late wake-up time. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, blueberries, a sweet sign of things to come for summer pleasures! Have a great week my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WERE PRODUCTIVE!
    I did watch the end of the GAME!PRETTY IMPRESSIVE!I missed THE GAGA DAME!Should I YOU TUBE IT?Who is eating all the stuff YOU BAKE?Children.........HUSBAND........YOU?I feel you BAKE every day???IS THAT HUNCH TRUE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!! It is cold and sleeting here today! I could for one or three of those fabulous muffins!!! Have a gyrations day, Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum!! It is cold and sleeting here today! I could for one or three of those fabulous muffins!!! Have a gyrations day, Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! I haven't made muffins in so long - these look great!! Hope all is well with you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...