Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Favorites from Alice and Lois, Cooking Classy, The Sweetish Occasion, Broma Bakery, You May Be Wandering and More


Good morning! A very happy weekend to you. I have been waiting for the weekend since Monday, do you ever have weeks like that? It is going to be a cold, rainy weekend and I have to do my taxes so I will not be doing anything fun outside  but at least I do not have to work and I can take breaks and read my new stack of books. 





If you are a basketball fan and need a little snack for "the Final 4" this classic 7 Layer Dip from Cooking Classy is perfect for game day. I am not a huge fan of basketball but I would show up to watch a game if you sever me a platter of this scrumptious looking dip. 



Image Broma Bakery



Summer is almost upon us and for the Iced Coffee lover in your life Broma Bakery has the perfect cold brew recipe for you. 



Recipe and Image from The Sweetest Assassin


We are going to be entertaining a lot this summer and I am already compiling a list of new recipes to try this Tequila Sunrise Mimosa Recipe from The Sweetest Occasion is on my list. I might have to try it Sunday at brunch. 





Image Alice and Lois


Easter will be be here in a few weeks and if you are looking for a few great ideas to decorate eggs with your kids, grand kids or even for yourself check  Natural Dye Easter Eggs from Alice and Lois



Confetti Eggs from Alice and Lois


 and these fun Confetti Eggs from them as well. 


Beatrix Potter has always been a favorite of mine as is the Lake District of the Britain. This week Madelief posted about her trip the Hilltop Farm the house of writer and illustrator Beatrix Potter and the cute little town of Hawskhead. I have visited both of these places and they are magical. Check out her post to see the beautiful scenery of the Lake District and the wonderful home of Beatrix Potter


Sandy You May Be Wandering

And if you are thinking of visiting Switzerland or Italy anytime soon check out Sandy from You May Be Wanderings' Instagram feed

Did you read any interesting books this week? See a good movie? Make a special or memorable recipe? If so please share I love learning about new things. 

Have a wonderful weekend. 





4 comments:

  1. Oh, I would even put up with sports on TV if it involved 7-layer dip. And the TV could have the sound on if the chips were from a real tortilleria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sandy's trip to Italy was amazing, wasn't it! Lake Como is a place I must see before I leave this planet! And I somehow missed Madelief's post...how did that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "Pretty Girls." Great book! I love iced coffee. Have you ever tried the iced caramel coffee at McDonalds? Not expensive and very tasty! I love those blue Easter eggs.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taxes are never fun. I had mine done last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...