Thursday, April 13, 2017

Just Curious...What is Your Favorite Easter Candy?



Good morning! A beautiful Wednesday to you. This is Easter week and many are putting the finishing touches on their Easter preparations, dinner, baskets, guests and more.





Easter baskets play a huge part in this weeks festivities. My mom made and still makes us the most beautiful baskets containing all of our favorites candy and treats, wrapped in cellophane and tied with a silk ribbon.





When we we young we set out our baskets on Saturday night and Sunday after church we had an egg hunt and a hunt for our baskets too.






My mom used to make us sugar eggs as well, you know the ones with the little peep hole in the side? Did you ever get those?







Getting my baskets ready had me curious, what is your favorite Easter candy? Do you like the chocolate bunnies, or the marshmallow eggs, Peeps, Reese's peanut butter eggs, jelly beans or something else? Do you favor the treats from your local confectionary or are you a fan of the "traditional" Easter candy?







I love peanut butter eggs, in fact one year I ate so many that I stopped eating them for about 5 years after that. I like jelly beans but only the red, yellow Peeps and I love dark chocolate covered marshmallow eggs.







If you need a little basket inspiration check out these baskets that I found and Williams Sonoma





 Decorative Easter Basket Filled with Candy


And if you need a little candy, or cookies I found some great things at some of my favorite stores. 

Thank you for sharing your favorite candy selections. 

Have a great day!








6 comments:

  1. Hands down... Reeces Peanut Butter Eggs. Second place - malted milk ball eggs. Enjoy your week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to go for cream eggs, and I do like the peanut butter eggs as well. It's easier to say what I wouldn't go for- I can't stand Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far this year I've only eaten the egg looking malt balls, which I guess are like Whoppers. I think I'm addicted!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOW YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME!
    HAPPY EASTER..................XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...