Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mother's Day Gift Ideas



Mother's Day breakfast Image from Martha Stewart


Good morning! Mother's day is just around the corner(May 14th) and I don't know about you but I always find it a challenge to buy a gift for my mom. Mostly because if she wants or needs something she just gets it for herself. Typically I find her something that I think she will enjoy but something she would not get for herself.


Mom art from Minted


If your mom loves to garden you could get her some new plants, or maybe even shrubs and you could go over and plant them for her, if she likes flowers perhaps a huge bouquet of her favorites, perhaps you could get her a mug, her favorite tea and a box of chocolates or candle and some bath salts?


Sunshine Cake My Moms Favorite!


If my mom and I are lucky enough to be together I always make her something that she likes, a cake, or dessert of some sort. After all like mother like daughter, we love sugar and sweets!
Here are a few things that I am pondering for my mom this year. 





My mom is always loosing her sunglasses so that is why I have them on my list, she also loves perfume and I frequently get her a bottle of that, but this year I thought she might need a new beach bag to take to the beach with the grandkids!


What do you get your mom for Mother's Day? Do you make her breakfast or brunch? Bake her something special? Help her in her garden? Do you have a gift or a book that you like to give?

Please share your gift ideas with us.

Have a fabulous day.



Sources: BraceletCandlesSandalsBookPerfumeToteSunglassesBlouse

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with her dearest Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great ideas, Elizabeth! I love a great beach bag and the Beaches book is wonderful - I have it! Happy Thursday, my friend ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choices! The cake looks scrumptious. And I think it's a great idea to get something a person wouldn't likely get for themselves.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolates or Flowers..............she will be 92 in JULY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...