Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Strawberry Bacon Blue Cheese Salad


Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was fabulous, it was 91, a little early for weather that hot but I won't thumb my nose at it, especially as some of my friends and family got snow today.  





It's strawberry season here and they are delicious. Although I have not managed to pick my own yet I have been able to enjoy the ones from my farmers market. I have been eating them with whipped cream, in cakes, and in all sorts of salads, this one, with blue cheese, bacon and pecans is my favorite so far. 






If you are not a fan of blue cheese, add feta, don't like feta add your favorite kind of cheese. If you don't eat bacon leave it out, as for the nuts you can add any of your favorites. This salad is versatile and would be delicious with red onion and even a piece of grilled chicken, 


Strawberry Blue Cheese Bacon Salad
8 cups chopped romaine
1 pound strawberries washed, and sliced
6 pieces of bacon cooked, then chopped 
2/3 cup blue cheese
2/3 cup toasted pecans

In a large bowl combine lettuce, bacon, strawberries, blue cheese and pecans and toss to combine. Or place the salad on the plate and arrange the strawberries, bacon, pecans and the cheese on top and dress with your favorite dressing. I use balsamic vinaigrette but original recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction uses Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette. 






Have you been enjoying any berries yet? Or is it too soon for you? Do you have any favorite recipes for strawberries? I love baked goods but I would love to hear about your savory strawberries as well. 

Have a great week. 

4 comments:

  1. My three favorite things: bacon, blue cheese, and strawberries. Looks delish. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I used to make this years ago and kind of forgot about it. Thank you for the delicious reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend! What a great combo, sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much too soon for this area. We don't see berries until the end of June.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...