Wednesday, June 7, 2017

A Day at the Beach






Good morning! I have been lucky enough my entire life to life by water, either on the Great Lakes or the Ocean. After all these years of trucking back and forth I have learned a few things. A great bag, big enough to hold all of the necessities but not too big to carry, is a necessity. As is a pair of sun glasses, to protect your eyes. 




A soft towel, sun screen(no more baby oil), a big bottle of water, flip flops to keep your feet semi protected from the hot, hot sand and of course a book to entertain you. If you are a "water baby" then a float as well! Of course a law chair is always nice to sit on but not a necessity.





I also bring snacks like roasted cashews and almonds, KIND nut bars, if I am feeling like something crunchy then I bring apples and Cheetos

What do you think are the necessities for a day at the beach?





I hope that you have a great day and if you are lucky you might find yourself at the beach! I will be there for my afternoon walk if it is not raining. 





6 comments:

  1. We have a popup shelter, like a low, little tent but open on one side. It provides shade and breaks the wind, which sometimes can be annoying (wild hair, sand in eyes). And there's a flap that can close the open side, so it's also a place to change if one is flexible enough--it's small. I can sit with my head in the shade and my legs in the sun. Perfect.
    Also, I use zip-lock bags for stuff I don't want to get sandy (camera, phone, clean underwear).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I grew up in S. California and had the beach to entertain me as a teen. As a young adult, we lived on the North Shore of Boston, right across the street from a beach. Now in the Twin Cities, we have easy access to many gorgeous lakes and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be near any water! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss living closer to water... grew up in New Orleans and there was always the muddy Mississippi or Lake Ponchatrain. And we spent many summers on the beaches of Florida. Love that first pic of the sand and the water. Recently went to visit relatives in Lake Jackson, Tx and after eating at a seafood restaurant on the water, my sister-in-law was nice enough to have us all walk down to the water... so I could get my 'beach fix'... just breathing in the beach air is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time that I have lived by the ocean in a long time and I love it.
    Even stinky low tide. Love all your picks, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to avoid beaches. We do have river and lake beaches here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of all these things, the cheetos are the jam! Washing off the orange dust in the surf...priceless!-Laurel Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...