Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Cherry Almond Crumble Bars





Good morning! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend? Were you able to spend a little time outside or were you plagued with thunder storms as we were? I made the most of the sun when it was out and then sat under my covered porch and read when it rained. 






I made these cherry almond crumble bars this weekend and they were easy and fabulous! If you have raspberries use raspberries, if you have peaches use peaches, these bars are versatile and you can use almost any fruit!






Cherry Almond Crumble Bars
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Ingredients

1 stick plus 5 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon salt 
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds

3 cups cherries pitted
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions

Line and 8 inch square pan with parchment paper, either butter the pan or spray with cooking spray. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the sugar and the butter until light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the bowl. Add the salt and then slowly add the flour beat until the dough forms clumps. You can also mix this by hand and then continue. 

Put 21/2 cups of the mixture into the pan and pat into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides. Set aside and mix the filling. 

In a bowl mix together the pitted cherries, sugar, lemon juice, flour and salt. Pour the mixture over the crust, then top with the remaining dough by squeezing together to make clumps. Scatter these around the cherries. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. If the bars are browning too fast tent with foil. Remove from oven when browned and bubbly. Let bars cool 20 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and leave to cool completely. Cut and enjoy!






I hope that you have a great day and a fabulous week!





7 comments:

  1. Cherry almond is a match made in culinary heaven! I like a good dose of vanilla in anything cherry/almond!

    Hello my friend! You had thunder storms? We had some a few days ago, then a glorious day of sunshine and warmth, then yesterday, it looked like rain but it was cloudy and cold all day.

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Elizabeth. Those mouthwatering bars look positively delish. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this recipe. I have not made it yet, but the photos are great and this is a reachable recipe for anyone to make. Additionally, just by looking at the pics and ingredients, I feel like I can taste what this would taste like. It is too early here in North Dakota for dessert, but my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the ingredients, I think my mother made it like this. They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they're all gone now too!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, those look amazing! Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you know I needed this recipe, I have to make desert for a horse show and wanted something cherry!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...