Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Favorites from My Domaine, Blissful Basil, An Italian in My Kitchen Habitually Chic and More


Good morning to you. I am so happy it is Friday. I mentioned before that I do hot Vinyasa yoga 5 days a week for an hour a session. This month I have challenged myself to take 2, 1 hour classes a day, 5 days a week. Several days I have taken back to back classes and other days I take one class in the morning one at night. Needless to say, I am a wee bit tired and ready for a rest. 



Image My Domaine

Are you a documentary fan, if so My Domaine has compiled a list of "the Best Documentaries of All-Time. Take a look and see how their list compares with yours. 


I discovered two great new blogs this week:



Image An Italian in MY Kitchen




The first, An Italian in My Kitchen written by Rosemary who moved to Italy for love over 20 years ago and shares not only her favorite dishes from her homeland but also AUTHENTIC Italian dishes they way that real Italians make them, 



Image Blissful Basil

The second, Blissful Basil written by Ashley, a beautiful plant based, vegan blog filled with interesting recipes but also health lifestyle tips as well. 






Image A Beautiful Mess



I found a great craft that you can make on your own or with your kids, nieces, nephews or grandkids. Make your own Bath Bombs from A Beautiful Mess. These would be great to pop into the tub on those cold winter nights.



Image Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary



Summer is slipping away and I am doing everything I can do to preserve it, including making quintessential summer treats. On my list for the weekend are these scrumptious looking Strawberry Shortcakes from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary.


Image Once Upon A Chocolate


If you need a chocolate fix than you must make this Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake, I made it this week and it is rich, creamy and over the top fabulous. 


Interesting post 12 Things Happy People Do Differently from Heather at Habitually Chic.

Here are two things you may or may not know about me, 1). I like things( cups, bowls, shirts, etc) with interesting fonts on them. 2). I typically Christmas shop all year and am finished and have some gifts wrapped by September. 





Berry Bowl


These items I found are right up my alley, they have writing on them and are also the perfect gifts for Christmas. These  berry bowls are cute and the good new is that they are on sale. I did get a set for me and a set for a friend for Christmas. 



Sentiment Glasses



and I am contemplating these Sentiment Glasses as a gift as well. 


Did you discover anything interesting this week, a good book, a movie, a recipe or something else to share? If so please tell us about it. 

Have a wonderful and safe weekend!





5 comments:

  1. That cheesecake looks perfectly dense and rich. I'm saving that recipe to try.
    Rosemary has the perfect name for someone who loves to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've given me lots to explore this weekend! I want to read the documentaries list and these blogs! Since it has been raining it seems like for weeks here....when we aren't watching a Chicago Cubs baseball we're binge watching Riverdale. It's a neat show based on the Archies comics but moody like Twin Peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks so much for the shout out! Hope you love your strawberry shortcakes and that the weather is good for you this weekend. We're going camping, so fingers crossed it dries up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I finished an ebook thriller that kept me going. I will post about it Sunday. The cake looks delicious, and I always can go for Italian, so will check them out.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate would come in handy right about now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...