Monday, September 25, 2017

Spicy Chicken Salad


Good morning! How was your first Fall weekend? Did you have a little cool weather in which to enjoy your pumpkin spiced latte? It was pretty toasty here as it was in many parts of the country so I spent my time walking, biking and reading on the porch soaking up a little sun. I have decided just to enjoy it because soon enough the cold long winter will be here.




I love food that is easy to make, delicious and that you can use for more than one thing, like this chicken that you can use for tacos, wrap sandwiches and a simple salad. This is the easiest and tastiest( if I do say so myself) rub. You simply mix it in a bowl, add your chopped chicken, let it sit at least an hour and you can either bake it in the oven or grill it. Either way it is delicious.





Chicken Chicken (Taco/Salad) Rub
1T chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1T sea salt
1T fresh lime juice
1T olive oil
1T water

2-3 boneless chicken breasts,  cut into 1 inch pieces


Add all of the rub ingredients to a bowl and mix, add the chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour. If baking, preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Internal temperature of 165 degrees.

I am not even going to write a "recipe" for the salad because it is basically whatever you like. I used chopped lettuce, drained and rinsed black beans, sautéed corn cut fresh from the cob, cherry tomatoes, pickled red onion, chicken and a sprinkling of feta cheese and cilantro. All of this was topped with a lime cilantro vinaigrette.



Similar Galvanized Tray HERE, Similar White Tray


That's it! Easy and delicious, my favorite way to cook. 

I hope that you have a great week!



6 comments:

  1. I make something similar and also include oregano but not lime juice. I'm going to add lime the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks positively delish, Elizabeth! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will fit in just perfectly with my Fall Bucket List to Meal Plan Weekly. I love seeing jars of food ready to go in the ref!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks displayed on one plate. Not to mention it looks delish! Still 100 degree weather here. Ugh!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautifully presented! Hope you'll find a mo to share it with Food on Friday: September. I'm doing the corn features today and would love to include this. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...