Saturday, October 14, 2017

Friday Favorites from Cup of Jo, Private Newport, Thistlewood Farms, The Fashion Magpie and More





Good morning! A beautiful and happy Friday to you. I hope that you had a great week. 

 I am not a huge fan of Halloween, don't get me wrong I love the candy but I hate anything scary. I did however make an exception for this cute little mummy cake that I made for my other blog Once Upon a Chocolate Life. It is so easy, it's a chocolate cake, buttercream frosting, a flat pastry tip, 1 Oreo cookie  and 2 brown M&M'S Milk Chocolate candies. It does not get any easier.


Image Here via Pinterest

I cannot wait to make this Pumpkin Lasagna with Sage infused Bechamel Sauce made by Gobo Root.



Image Thistlewood Farm

Are you crafty? I am not very crafty but I think I could make one of these beautiful Felted Pumpkins. Apparently all it takes is a thrift store sweater dried in the dryer, a pair of scissors and a pumpkin form. I will let you know if I have any luck.






If you would like a little help from 9 popular bloggers decorating your house for Christmas check out this course, Home for the Holidays, by Jeanne Oliver, where you will have access to 65 videos. 30 project videos and 35 discussion videos, beautiful house photos and inspiration, supply lists, PDFs, and a digital recipe book. You will have lifetime access to the content.

If you are like me than Fall and Winter consists of copious amounts of hot chocolate and mountains of books. This week The Fashion Magpie posted a great list of books to start your pile with.


Image Cup of Jo

As did Cup of Jo. Between the two there may be a book or two that you will want to add to your booklist. 


My Private Newport

If you have a little wanderlust head over to My Private Newport to see part one of Bettie's  trip to Paris. 





Or go visit Pamela of From the House of Edward on her Instagram page as she explores my favorite place in the world, Scotland. 


I hope that you found something interesting here. If you read, saw, ate, went, made or did anything that you would like to share please do!

Have a great weekend.


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Do you know the podcast The Earful Tower? Absolutely charming chatter about Paris. The host, Oliver Gee, is adorably enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkins are cute! I'm just not ready for Christmas yet.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Elizabeth! I'm going over there right now and check out her book reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...