Saturday, November 11, 2017

Friday Favorites from Cote de Texas, Living Sweet Moments, House & Garden, The National Trust, and More


Good morning! Happy weekend, do you have big plans? I am so excited because my mom is coming to visit and we have lots of plans. 





One of our plans is firming up the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday menu and I have this Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Spending with Pennies on my list of recipes to make in the days leading up to Christmas after a day out shopping. 



Image Living Sweet Moments

My favorite foods on Thanksgiving day are pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes and yeast rolls. I cannot wait to make these Homemade Dinner Rolls from Living Sweet Moments. I think I might have a trial run this weekend. 
This weekend is my birthday and instead of making a cake I am making a pumpkin pie which as I mentioned before is my favorite pie. I might even try out this beautiful pie crust design from EAB Design.

If you like butternut squash than you will love these 24 Recipes for everything from soup, salads and more. 


Image Cote de Texas


I am fascinated with history and castles. This week Joni at Cote de Texas wrote a fabulous post about a Medieval castle that is being built in France using only the tools, materials and techniques used in the Middle Ages. It really is an amazing project. 


Image from The National Trust


Speaking of castles, are you familiar with The National Trust in the UK? It is a charity founded in 1895 to protect not only castles, but coastlines, art, forests and more. It is an amazing charity that preserves history for the future generations. Although I have visited many National Trust properties while visiting the UK, I have yet to have the pleasure of staying in one of their properties, have you ever stayed in one? 


Image House & Garden

If you love English country cottages you will love this one owned by Paolo Moschino and Philip Vergeylen featured in the UK House and Garden Magazine, it is fabulous. 

I found these articles:  The Value of Second Guessing and Why We Pretend to Know Things interesting. 

Just in case you are a fan and missed it, HERE is Oprah's List of Favorite Things for 2017.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. 

Please share any books, recipe, movies, etc that you found this week. I love hearing about them as do my readers. Thank you for sharing. 







4 comments:

  1. I have the same list of favorites, though I'd probably add dressing. Happy Birthday and enjoy your time with your mom!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great links, Elizabeth. I sent your link to my hubby and asked him to make me the butternut squash gallette. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a great post! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!
    I love Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, I always make 2 at Thanksgiving because 1 is never enough for everyone to have seconds. Whipped Cream on Top, of course !!! Happy Birthday, AGAIN. XX'S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...